Graduate School of Sustainability courses

The School of Sustainability offers a wide variety of courses so students can explore and learn more about sustainability.

For more information about enrolling in or making changes to a course you are already enrolled in, we are here to help.

Graduate courses

Questions about graduate courses (500-level and above) with the following prefixes can be directed to the School of Sustainability Student Services Center in Wrigley Hall (WGHL), Suite 108.

  • EMS – Sustainability Leadership 
  • SFS – Sustainable Food Systems
  • SOS – School of Sustainability

Course overrides requests

Course overrides allow you to register for a course you are, for one reason or another, ineligible to register for. There are several types of override: prerequisite, section full, department/instructor consent and time conflict.

Overrides can only be granted by the department/school offering the course. If you would like to request an override for a course offered outside of the School of Sustainability, contact the advising unit for that department/school for their policy and procedure.

To request an override for a School of Sustainability graduate course, please submit the Graduate Course Override Request Form.

Late drop/add requests

Late drops from School of Sustainability courses are not allowed. However, you can withdraw from courses following the regular course withdrawal process.

If you wish to add a School of Sustainability course after the official drop/add deadline, you may request special permission to do so. Instructor approval is required; however, instructor approval does not guarantee School approval. Drop/add deadlines are posted on the Academic Calendar.

Complete the Enrollment Change Request Form in its entirety. On the back of the form, you must describe how you will make up any late work. You must also obtain the instructor’s signature on the back of the form. A copy of an email directly from the instructor granting you permission to add the course late may be substituted for an actual signature.

Submit the completed form in person to the School of Sustainability Student Services Center front desk in Wrigley Hall, Room 108 or email it to [email protected].