Graduate override request form
Course override request form – graduate courses
Please read the information below prior to submitting your request:
- This form is only for graduate courses offered through the School of Sustainability. If you would like to request an override to a course other than those in our sustainability programs, you must work with the academic unit that offers that course. Consult your advisor if you need help determining whom to contact for assistance.
- All requests must be accompanied by thorough justification and documentation. If you do not provide adequate justification, your request may be denied, or you may be contacted via ASU email for additional information. For example: if you have emailed the sustainability instructor, and they support you adding the class, please include a copy of that email exchange with your request. If you took the prerequisite course at another institution but have not yet transferred it to ASU, please include an unofficial transcript showing enrollment in, or completion of, the course.
- Override requests are not automatically approved, even with instructor consent. Instructor-to-student ratios, fire code capacities and graduation requirements of sustainability students will be factors when considering section full override requests.
- Please do not submit a request to override a reserve capacity. If you wish to enroll in a course with a reserve, please check the course in the future for the reserve to be lifted. For fall courses, the reserve is usually lifted on July 1. For spring courses, the reserve is usually lifted on January 1. Reserve capacities will be lifted only when the needs of programs hat require the course have been fulfilled.
- Courses only open to sustainability program students. Requests to enroll in some courses will not be approved for students who are not seeking a sustainability degree, as they are degree-only courses:. For example, SOS 510, 511, 520, 525 and 589.