The School of Sustainability advising office is open to all sustainability students.
Our sustainability advising office is here for you anytime during your experience towards your degree, internship, and career.
Monday – Friday (excluding university holidays) 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
I strongly encourage students to make an appointment so I can set aside the appropriate time to answer all your questions.
Your graduate advisor
Katie Ulmer, Katie.Ulmer@asu.edu
Graduate Academic Success Coordinator
Schedule an Appointment
Academic Advising Center
Wrigley Hall (WGHL), Suite 108
My goal is to assist students in achieving their personal, educational, cultural, and career goals while becoming self directed, life-long learners. The academic specialist is here to assist you with:
- Accessing and navigating graduate education.
- Identifying resources to assist in clarifying academic and career goals.
- Interpreting academic requirements, policies and procedures.
- Accessing available internal and external resources that enhance your education.
- Identifying other experiences that will enhance your life, educational, and cultural goals.
- Evaluating progress toward degree completion.
I have an open-door policy. I encourage students to meet with me at least once a semester and with their faculty advisor on a regular basis. Students must first consult with their faculty advisor and then meet with an academic specialist. Faculty advisors must be selected as soon as possible to ensure effective direction of the student’s program.
Responsibilities of the advisee
- Acquire and review the appropriate information needed to assume final responsibility for course scheduling, program planning, and successful completion of program requirements.
- Become knowledgeable of policies, procedures, and rules of the university, school and academic program.
- Be prepared when meeting or contacting an academic specialist.
- Consult with an academic specialist at least once a semester and with the faculty advisor on a regular basis.
Additional advising resources for current students
Students also have access to an internal Web site through Blackboard called “SOS Graduate Student Community,” which provides helpful information about their program and lists a number of academic and extracurricular opportunities. In order to access the site, students need to log in to Blackboard through myASU using their ASURITE ID and password.