Congratulations on the completion/planned completion of your degree program at Arizona State University. You deserve to be very proud of this significant academic achievement.
We hope you will find the information you need to prepare for graduation on this page.
If you have any questions regarding graduation activities, please contact the College of Global Futures Student Services office at 480-727-6963 or email us at CGFGraduation@asu.edu.
Congratulations on your academic achievement!
Due to COVID-19, graduation ceremonies will be held virtually for May 2021.
All ceremonies will be pre-recorded and viewable on May 3, 2021, via Marching Order 9:00 am Arizona time.
In a virtual ceremony, all students that apply to graduate and meet the graduating criteria will have a slide with their name on it that will be announced. To personalize the ceremony, each student has the opportunity to upload a photo, statement, and short video. Students do not have to participate in the ceremony should they choose not to. The College of Global Futures will incorporate the student’s slides from each school, along with additional videos, to showcase the great community that makes up CGF.
To see what the College of Global Futures Fall 2020 virtual ceremony was like click here.
for more information on how to participate in the spring graduation ceremonies, please use the tabs below.
This year’s ceremony will combine the elements of commencement into each college’s convocation celebration. Degrees will be conferred by President Crow, there will be a special welcome from the ASU Alumni Association, you’ll hear from our Outstanding Graduates and student speakers, along with many other esteemed members of the College of Global Futures.
Special Interest Convocations and cultural convocations are a time for smaller groups to gather and celebrate students’ graduation. ASU hosts six special interest convocations. Click here for registration information.
For the virtual ceremony, regalia is not required but still available to purchase from Herff Jones.
Should you purchase regalia, here is an informative video as to how to wear it correctly.
See the “Graduates” section below for Grad Fair dates. Grad Fair is the only time where you can order graduation packages, including regalia, at a discount.
- February 15, 2021 – Apply to Graduate
- March 26, 2021 – The virtual platform opens (Marching Order). You will receive a custom link via email.
- March 30 to April 10 – Grad Images – see dates for each campus
- Tuesday, March 30: Downtown campus, 9 a.m.to 4 p.m., Beus Center patio
- Wednesday, March 31: West campus, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., La Sala Ballroom
- Thursday, April 1: Polytechnic campus, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Cooley Ballroom
- April 6,7,8, 9, 10: Tempe campus, Old Main
- April 6, 7 – 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- April 8 – 10 a,m. to 7 p.m.
- April 9 – 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- April 10 – 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- April 16 – Last chance to purchase regalia online to receive in time for ceremonies
- April 21 – Deadline to submit photos to Marching Order
- April 28 – Deadline to upload video clips to Stage Clips
- May 3 – Ceremonies are broadcast at 9am MST
Grad Fair is the only time graduation packages will be discounted.
University partners in hosting graduation
- Marching Order – Virtual Ceremony Registration, collection of personalized messages and photos that graduates can upload, creation of ceremony slides
- Stage Clips – Stage Clips produced for graduates that include the Intro and Outro Video and the slide for each graduate. Individual Stage Clips will be sent to graduates Monday, May 3
- Pro-Pics – Photo mosaic and photo gif creator to engage graduates and encourage social media posts
- Herff Jones – Online Grad Fair, Cap and Gown Sales