School of Sustainability Undergraduate Career Development
The School of Sustainability encourages undergraduate students to take advantage of as many career development opportunities as possible to enhance their academic experience.
Connect with us on LinkedIn ! Create a profile and request to join the following group that is reserved specifically for School of Sustainability students:
- The ASU School of Sustainability group is for the students and alumni of the School of Sustainability at Arizona State University. It serves to provide a place for networking and the exchange of ideas, as well as remaining connected to the School of Sustainability.
- Sustainability Connect is the place for School of Sustainability graduate and undergraduate students to find all the information about our current internship opportunities. For information about how to pursue an internship for credit, please review our policies and procedures at our Sustainability Internships resource page.
Our Sustainability After School events are held during spring and fall semesters. The events address what you can do with a sustainability career after graduation and the tools you need in order to get there.
Build your network and your résumé while doing something you love. Get involved locally with groups on and off campus.
- Arizona Forward brings business and civic leaders together to convene thoughtful public dialogue on regional issues and to promote cooperative efforts to improve the environment and livability of Arizona communities. They host several monthly networking events and have discounted membership for students.
- The Green Chamber advances sustainable and diverse economic development in the valley. They host a monthly networking event called Green Drinks.
- Campus Student Sustainability Initiatives (CSSI) is the leading organization on campus that focuses on identifying sustainability challenges and leading initiatives and events in order to improve ASU’s sustainability efforts. Students lead and participate in a number of sustainability related projects on campus.
- Net Impact mobilizes a new generation to use their careers to drive transformational change in their workplaces and the world. If you are interested in corporate sustainability, this is the place to network and search for jobs. Net Impact has a local Phoenix chapter.
- The Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) is helping to create a brighter future of opportunity for all by advancing sustainability in higher education. If you are interested in a job in higher education, AASHE offers discounted memberships to students and hosts a yearly conference that boasts over 5,000 attendees.
Among the resources offered by SOS Career Services is a comprehensive listing of websites, job boards and search engines to assist in your job search activity. The sites listed are by their relationship to specific careers: Corporate, Environmental, International, Non Profit, and General (all inclusive). Find a site that is specific to your career aspiration and check listings there.
Still have questions? Contact the School of Sustainability’s advising office to set up individual, one-on-one advising appointments. Our career advisor meets with undergraduates, graduate students, and alumni to discuss career options, provide company and occupational research assistance, labor market information, counsel on job search strategy, and other employment-related topics.