The School of Sustainability advising office is open to all sustainability students.
Sustainability students learn about the interaction of environmental, economic, and social systems across a broad range of disciplines and real-world applications.
Monday – Friday (excluding university holidays) 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
We require students to make an appointment so time can be set aside to answer their questions. Please have your 10 digit ASU ID number available.
There are times when we offer walk-in advising. Please call the office for more information about the availability of walk-in advising.
Academic Advising Center
Wrigley Hall (WGHL), Suite 108
Beth Volker, Beth.Volker@asu.edu
Assistant Director, Undergraduate Academic Services
Kevan Hayden, Kevan.Hayden@asu.edu
Undergraduate Academic Success Coordinator
Students are encouraged to meet with their assigned undergraduate advisor at least once each semester. New students are required to meet with an advisor before being cleared to enroll in classes. Continuing students are encouraged to meet with an advisor at least once each semester.
If you have a quick question, you can email email@example.com.
Please provide your 10-digit ASU ID.
Be prepared when meeting or contacting an advisor. For example, have your ASU ID with you, make a list of questions, and review your unofficial transcript and/or your Degree Audit Report (DARS) through MyASU. Know why you want to meet with an advisor and prepare necessary materials for the meeting. If you are a transfer student, please come prepared with information about your transfer coursework. It is recommended that you also bring something with which to take notes.
Undergraduate advising philosophy
Our goal is to assist students in achieving their personal, educational, and career goals while becoming self directed, life-long learners.
As your sustainability academic advisors, we are here to:
- Help you navigate your undergraduate education at ASU.
- Assist you in setting achievable academic and career goals.
- Facilitate your understanding of university and School of Sustainability academic requirements, policies and procedures.
- Teach you how to find available resources both inside and outside of ASU that will enhance your education.
- Assist you in identifying other experiences that will strengthen your ability to obtain your goals.
- Evaluate your progress toward degree completion.
Responsibility of the advisee
Students have responsibilities when it comes to the advising they receive as undergraduates in our programs.
- Obtain and utilize the appropriate information needed to assume final responsibility for your own course scheduling, program planning, and successful completion of degree program requirements.
- Learn the university and school policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Learn and understand the requirements for your degree and major.
- Be prepared when meeting or contacting an advisor.
- Seek assistance and resources for all aspects of your undergraduate experience, not just when you encounter a problem.
- Consult with your academic advisor regularly, or at least once each semester.
Additional advising resources for current students
Students have access to an internal Web site through Blackboard called “SOS Undergraduate Community”, which provides helpful information about the programs and lists a number of academic and extracurricular opportunities.
To access the site, students need to log in to Blackboard through MyASU using their ASURITE ID and password.