School of Sustainability Academy
About the Academy
The School of Sustainability Academy is a community of high-achieving, socially embedded undergraduate sustainability students. The Academy fosters academic success, leadership skills, community engagement, persistence to graduate and reaching goals beyond graduation.
Eligible students must complete the School of Sustainability Academy Application (note: the application is restricted to ASU users and you must be logged into your ASU account before viewing it) prior to April 1 to be considered for the next academic year. Students will receive an email confirming their membership in the Academy for the following year and an invitation to register for the first event.
Admission is based on:
- Declared Sustainability BA/BS or Sustainable Food Systems BS student
- High ASU GPA (with at least 12 credit hours completed at ASU)
- Thoughtful, completed application prior to deadline
- Attendance at school and university events, engagement in the School of Sustainability community
- Participation in community service
- Demonstrated leadership experience (juniors and seniors)
Students who apply and are not accepted as full members are invited to participate as a “member in-progress” with the expectation of working towards full membership the following year upon completion of the application.
- Invitation to annual signature events, connecting with other high-achieving sustainability students
- Encouragement for building relationships with faculty, networking with local professionals, participation in mentorship programs and goal setting
- Additional knowledge, skills and leadership experience through exposure to competitive opportunities
- Recommendations for student positions, invitations to exclusive opportunities
- Eligibility to attend camp (if capacity allows)
Maintaining membership/annual review
Current Academy members must complete the School of Sustainability Academy Eligibility Application prior to April 1 to maintain membership for the following academic year.