The School of Sustainability Residential Community at ASU
The School of Sustainability Residential Community provides a welcoming and supportive environment for freshmen as they transition into university life, as well as helps in the development of the skills needed for academic and personal success.
Sustainability students learn to access the many resources available to them through the School of Sustainability and ASU – through residential programming, intentional experiences and opportunities, and targeted support. Upper-class and transfer School of Sustainability students also have the opportunity to reside within the community as part of the School of Sustainability Undergraduate Academy.
All freshmen admitted to ASU as majors in the School of Sustainability are strongly encouraged to join our Residential Community.
Join the Sustainability Residential Community
The goal of the Community is to help you build a support system of friends, faculty, and instructional staff to help you succeed in and out of the classroom. By joining the SOSRC, students have an opportunity to:
- get involved in the University’s academic and social life right away
- feel a sense of belonging on campus
- get to know fellow students in SOS
- study and socialize with classmates where you live
- get to know and interact informally with faculty on a regular basis
- get to know and interact with the instructional staff
- learn about campus resources and services that will help you succeed; and
- participate in special academic and extracurricular activities such as:
- coffee with the School Director
- field trips (experiential learning activities)
- campus sustainability projects
- community gardens
How to Apply to Live in SOSRC
- Once admitted to ASU, log into MyASU and under University Housing preferences – select the School of Sustainability Residential Community as your first choice.
- Make appropriate deposits or payments by deadlines to University Housing to reserve your space.
For general questions about living arrangements, please visit University Housing .
If you have specific questions about programming related to this residential community, please contact:
School of Sustainability