The School of Sustainability Residential Community at ASU
The School of Sustainability Residential Community, located within Adelphi Commons II, provides a welcoming and supportive environment for freshmen as they transition into university life, as well as helps in the development of the skills needed for academic and personal success.
Sustainability students learn to access the many resources available to them through the School of Sustainability and ASU – through residential programming, intentional experiences and opportunities, and targeted support. Upper-class and transfer School of Sustainability students also have the opportunity to reside within the community as part of the School of Sustainability Undergraduate Academy.
All freshmen admitted to ASU as majors in the School of Sustainability are strongly encouraged to join our Residential Community.
Join the Sustainability Residential Community
The goal of the Community is to help you build a support system of friends, faculty, and instructional staff to help you succeed in and out of the classroom. By joining the SOSRC, students have an opportunity to:
- get involved in the University’s academic and social life right away
- feel a sense of belonging on campus
- get to know fellow students in SOS
- study and socialize with classmates where you live
- get to know and interact informally with faculty on a regular basis
- get to know and interact with the instructional staff
- learn about campus resources and services that will help you succeed; and
- participate in special academic and extracurricular activities such as:
- coffee with the School Director
- field trips (experiential learning activities)
- campus sustainability projects
- community gardens
How to Apply to Live in SOSRC
- Once admitted to ASU, log into MyASU and under University Housing preferences – select the School of Sustainability Residential Community as your first choice.
- Make appropriate deposits or payments by deadlines to University Housing to reserve your space.
What is Student Life in Adelphi II Like?
The School of Sustainability Residential Community (SOSRC) is located within Adelphi II.
The residential community features a newly re-designed and updated student lounge and study area. It also includes an open courtyard space to achieve a contemporary and fun yet meditative and studious environment for academic and co-curricular activities.
The SOSRC offers the opportunity to study and experience sustainable living concepts. Some of the sustainable practices include organic window farms and gardens with composting. Other amenities include in-residence advising hours, nearby tennis and volleyball courts, basic cable, and air conditioning.
Adelphi Commons II, where the SOSRC is located, contains six units that offer a variety of amenities that include a large multi-purpose center, common area laundry facilities, and common area kitchens. Nearby Sonora Hall features the Sonora Market convenience store, while nearby dining halls can be found in Hassayampa and Barrett. The residential halls feature suite-style living accommodations for first-time freshmen and private room/shared bath accommodations for upper-class students.
For general questions about living arrangements, please visit University Housing and view a list of frequently asked questions .