Campus Life and the School of Sustainability
Student life at ASU and the School of Sustainability is full of possibilities to engage in diverse activities, including tools for academic success, personal growth, and social awareness. These resources can help you be more aware of sustainabiity issues on campus including economic, environment and social opportunities for students.
ASU offers many different resources to assist you while attending the university. While a student at ASU, we encourage you to use these resources!
Visit our Student Center
Renovated with a SIRF grant, the Sustainability Student Center is located in the lower level of the Matthews Center. This center provides a meeting area for student organizations, workshops and presentations, or it can be a quiet place to study between classes. The center is open Monday through Friday between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
To view our calendar of events please visit the
Sustainability Student Center website .
Sustainability and Environmental Digest at ASU
Sustainability Digest is the ASU Community Newsletter that posts issues related to environmental, social, and economic issues.
Sign up for the Sustainability Digest
For All Students (Graduate and Undergraduate)
- ASU Bookstore – Buy books, school supplies, and ASU merchandise.
- ASU Dining Services – Meal plans, dining options on campus, and catering for events.
- ASU Libraries – Library services for all ASU libraries. Access online research databases, browse special collections, access course reserve materials, request books from other campuses, reserve a group study room, or find that hard-to-find book through the Interlibrary Loan service.
- ASU Memorial Union – The campus community center for students, faculty, and staff, and guests.
- ASU News – ASU’s news and information center.
- ASU on iTunes U – Podcast distribution for the ASU community.
- ASU Research Magazine – Learn about research and creative activity at ASU.
- ASU Sun Card – Your school photo ID with optional services such as Sun Dollars and calling card access.
- ASU TechBase – Information about ASU’s technology services including email, Blackboard, ASURITE ID’s, antivirus software, etc.
- Campus Health Service/Student Health – Receive medical care on campus. Appointments are preferred, but walk-ins are also accepted.
- Campus Recreation – Student Recreation Center (SRC) membership in the gym is included in your registration fees. Also available at the SRC are aquatics, personal training, intramurals, open/outdoor recreation, sports clubs, etc.
- Computing Sites – Get locations, schedules, and info on available software/hardware.
- Events at ASU
- International Student Office – Services and support for international students.
- Learning Support Services – Software support and workshops as well as writing support.
- Living on Campus at ASU – Options to live on campus within residential communities and residence halls.
- My ASU – Registration and enrollment, academic record information, tuition and billing, personal record information, library services, computing services, etc.
- Parking and Transit Services – Free Valley Metro bus pass, Flexcar, parking decals, light rail (coming in December 2008), free shuttles, campus-to-campus shuttles, parking guides, event info.
- Student Financial Assistance – Loans, scholarships, student employment.
- Tuition Fees and Schedules
- Tutoring and Academic Success – Links to many more academic success resources on campus.
- Writing Centers – Receive free help with your writing through one-on-one tutorials and workshops.
For Graduate Students
- Graduate College – Admissions, Student Academic Services, Financial Support, Professional Development (PFF, PFP, Strategies for Success), TA/RA Handbook, general degree requirements, graduation deadlines and procedures, graduate student appeals, graduate student forms, etc.
- Graduate & Professional Student Association (GPSA) – The student government for ASU’s graduate and professional students. The Web site includes updates on GPSA legislation, meetings and forums, student resources, and advocacy efforts.
- Graduate Student Listserve – Announcements, events, etc. for ASU’s graduate student community.