- Senior Sustainability Scientist, Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability
- Associate Professor, School of Electrical, Computer and Energy Engineering, Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering
Dr. Diaz has worked on many aspects of the interaction between electromagnetic waves and materials, from lightning protection on the space shuttle to the design of the microwave lenses and high-temperature broadband radomes for radar missles to the design and manufacture of the radar-absorbing structures for stealth applications. He also holds 21 patents ranging from the design of broadband radomes to the amplification of magnetic fields.
- PhD, Electrical Engineering, University of California-Los Angeles, 1992
- MS, Physics, University of California-Los Angeles, 1980
- BS, Physics, Yale University, 1978