Professor, Modeling Social Systems, Potsdam University, Germany
Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability
Arizona State University
PO Box 875402
Tempe, AZ 85287-5402
- Adjunct Faculty, School of Sustainability, Arizona State University
- Visiting Scientist, Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability
- Professor, Modeling Social Systems, Potsdam University, Germany
- Honorary Professor, Beijing Normal University, China
- Chair, European Climate Forum
Prof. Carlo C. Jaeger is Professor for modelling of social systems at the University of Potsdam, Germany, Professor at the Beijing Normal University, China, chair of the research domain "Transdisciplinary Concepts and Methods" at the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research and chair of the Global Climate Forum. He has been Professor at the University of Darmstadt, Germany, and head of the human ecology department at the Swiss Federal Institute for Environmental Science & Technology. He is a member of the Scientific and Technical Council of the International Risk Governance Council, and has served on the boards of various scientific organizations. His current research interest is focussed on the role of financial markets in managing climate change. For this purpose, he is currently working on multi-agent models with parallel computation architecture.
- Habil, Human Ecology, ETH Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, 1992
- PhD, Economics, J.W. Goethe University, 1979
- MA, Sociology, University of Bern, 1972
Lim, M., M. Bivona, A. M. Koster, E. Spiro, C. Jaeger, N. W. Woodbury and R. Poe. 2011. Sustainability of what, how and for whom? Progress development, and justice in greater Phoenix. Roundtable discussion at American Society for Environmental History Conference, Phoenix.