The Frasier Global Mentorship Program will provide an immersive, high–impact experience that fosters global perspective and a broader context of sustainability.
The program will team pairs of School of Sustainability undergraduate students with a sustainability executive, providing meaningful exposure to diverse cultures, values, communication, and policy. Students will learn how professionals accomplish their sustainability goals in the political, economic, and social context of their country of operation.
Over the course of one semester, selected mentees will cultivate a relationship with their mentor and strengthen their career readiness skills such as: oral and written communication, time management, teamwork and collaboration, digital technology, professionalism, and problem solving…all while exploring challenges and opportunities related to sustainability professions in the global context.
The program will culminate in an immersive on-site experience, providing students an in-depth learning opportunity with their mentor and host organization. Cost associated with travel and accommodation are supported by the Frasier Global Mentorship Program.
- Undergraduate School of Sustainability majors at the junior/senior level
- Minimum 3.5 GPA, 3.3 to 3.49 considered on a case-by-case basis
- Valid passport and ability to travel domestically or internationally for up to one week for an on-site visit
- Ability to enroll and participate in a 1-credit mentorship course during fall or spring semester (time commitment up to 3 hours a week)
- Demonstrated interest in professional development opportunities
Apply by May 18 for fall 2018 participation.
Submit resume, LinkedIn, and statement of interest to Caroline Savalle, Internship and Experiential Education Specialist: firstname.lastname@example.org