As a global leader and innovator in sustainability research and education – and the first degree-granting sustainability school in the U.S. – the School of Sustainability leverages more than 550 world-renowned scientists, scholars and practitioners from a variety of disciplines to create comprehensive learning programs beyond the traditional university classroom.
ASU Partnership for GRI Standards Certified Online Training
This online training course is designed by the Executive & Professional Education team at ASU’s School of Sustainability. This partnership enables professionals to access the most widely adopted global standards for sustainability reporting. The course was created for anybody who’s interested in this topic. Whether you hope to be hired to build sustainability reports or you manage sustainability programs – the GRI Standards provide a shared language to discuss sustainability and influence behavior in an organization.
Custom programs for organizations
To pursue a “triple bottom line” – people, planet and profit – sustainability must be integrated into an organization’s operations and culture. Whether you need to educate a small core of executives in a one-day or multi-day retreat, or train hundreds of employees through an online course, ASU’s School of Sustainability has the ability to deliver a custom program that can integrate sustainability and systems thinking.
We have worked with business, government, nongovernmental organizations, foundations and other universities throughout the world, and we can develop and deliver custom executive education programs that advance your organizational sustainability goals.
- Programs range from hour-long online modules to multi-day live instruction on specific sustainability issues.
- In-person training can be delivered at your location, on any ASU campus in Arizona, or at our ASU properties in Washington D.C. and Los Angeles.
- Online training can be delivered through ASU’s online learning platform or your organization’s internal technology.
- Sustainability faculty from ASU, leaders from your organization, and outside experts can all be included in your agenda.
- Each program is built with expert assessment and instructional design on the front end, as well as in-depth evaluation after it has concluded, so you can measure the sustainability advancements in your organization.
Interested in sustainability training customized to advance your organization’s unique goals? We can help. Reach out to Ryan Johnson.
Executive Director, Professional Training and Custom Sustainability Education, School of Sustainability
Most people are experiencing the concept of sustainability in a gloom-and-doom context of seemingly insurmountable global challenges like plastic pollution in the ocean and climate change. Today, however, sustainability strategies are smart business: They reduce cost through efficiency, increase revenue, and help organizations come out on top in the talent war.
The Sustainability Opportunity is an...
An online discussion about current efforts to price carbon emissions moderated by ASU Wrigley Institute board member Robert Litterman and headlined by Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse attracted nearly 1,200 registrants.
At the second in a series of resilience and sustainability workshops hosted by the School of Sustainability's Executive and Professional Education program with the City of Tempe, municipal leaders discussed visions of the city in 2040 – from recreation to shade structures.