The Whole Community: Mitigation and Disaster Recovery
- Levee Project Manager, Multnomah County; Urban Planner, Community Sustainability and Disaster Resiliency
- Assistant Director, University Sustainability Practices, Arizona State University
- Senior Planner, Maricopa County Emergency Management
- Former Assistant Fire Chief and Fire Marshall, Tempe Fire Medical Rescue; Chair, Fire Science and EMT Department, Mesa Community College
Melanie Gall (Moderator)
- Co-Director, Center for Emergency Management and Homeland Security, Arizona State University
Join us at the second of three panel discussions on local emergency management across all phases – preparedness, response, recovery, and mitigation. This panel of county, municipal and university experts will discuss best practices for local-governments, who engage with the community in planning for disaster recovery and mitigation as well as adopt a longer-term perspective on emergency management.
To view this event remotely, click on Zoom link at the time of the event.
A light lunch will be served.
This series is co-sponsored by the Sustainable Cities Network and The Center for Emergency Management and Homeland Security,
and organized by Katja Brundiers, School of Sustainability and Phil Gilbertson, School of Geographical Sciences & Urban Planning.
1:00 - 2:15 p.m.