ASU Celebrates Women's Empowerment
In honor of International Women's Day and Women's History Month, the Julie Ann Wrigley Global Futures Laboratory, Educational Outreach and Student Services, and the ASU SDG5 Coalition are curating a series of events that showcase ASU’s partnerships advancing Sustainable Development Goal 5: Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women and Girls.
Join us on International Women's Day, March 8th at 11am MST (6pm GMT/1pm EST) for the first event of the series. We will launch the WE Empower UN SDG Challenge 2021 and examine the barriers women face with World Bank Women, Business, and the Law. To learn how ASU is combatting these challenges by partnering with global organizations on SDG5 initiatives, join us to hear from Inter-Parliamentary Union Secretary General, Martin Chungong, ASU's Inaugural SDG5 Male Champion for Change.
Showcasing SDG 5 Training for Parliamentarians and Global Changemakers and WE (women entrepreneurs) Empower UN SDG Challenge.
- Martin Chungong, Secretary-General, Inter-Parliamentary Union
- Shandana Gulzar Khan, Chairperson, Commonwealth Women Parliamentarians
- Tea Trumbic, Program Manager, Women, Business and the Law, Global Indicators Group, World Bank
- Habiba Ali, Founder, Managing Director and CEO, Sosai Renewable Energies
- Diana Bowman, Assoc. Dean for International Engagement, Consortium for Science, Policy & Outcomes
- Erin Carr-Jordan, Head of Social Impact and Head of ASU ADVANCE
- Grace Valandra, Elizabeth Quigley, and Saiarchana Dirira, ASU Gender Equality Student Advocates
- Amanda Ellis, Director of Global Partnerships, ASU Julie Ann Wrigley Global Futures Laboratory
- Antoinette Farmer-Thompson, Deputy Vice President, ASU Educational Outreach and Student Services
11:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. MST
6:00 - 7:15 p.m. GMT; 1:00 - 2:15 p.m. EST