Professional sustainability certificates
Professional training courses offered by ASU’s School of Sustainability are designed for managers, project or team leaders, and those looking to advance into sustainability roles. Gain expertise to overcome challenges in your current position or add to your skillset before exploring new career opportunities.
- Understand the concepts of sustainability, the issues involved, and the teamwork needed to address real-world problems.
- Think in a holistic way about their organization’s sustainability problems.
- Develop creative, adaptive solutions to sustainability challenges for their industry.
Faculty-Led, Live Workshops in Sustainability
Learn practical concepts and tools from the faculty members who teach in the School of Sustainability’s top ranked academic programs. Workshops are designed to be practical and solutions-oriented, so you can apply your new sustainability expertise when you return to the office. Select courses may be eligible for Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
* View upcoming sustainability training workshops in the Phoenix area.
Coming soon – Online Certificate Programs in Sustainability
Our professional certificate programs are designed by the same faculty that created the School of Sustainability’s degree programs. Certificates are ideal for professionals who have little formal sustainability education, but want a strong foundation in specific sustainability areas, like corporate social responsibility, sustainable supply chain, or sustainability strategy and management. Additionally, you can earn up to 4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for each individual course you complete.*Our programs have been designed for busy professionals who need:
- Short Courses – Master the concepts and use them at your organization in weeks – not years – with individual 4-week classes and certificate programs that can be completed in less than 6 months.
- Focused Topics – Course materials have been carefully tailored to fit specific sectors, so you can concentrate on the concepts and tools that matter the most in your field.
- Online Flexibility – With 24/7 access to ASU’s continuing professional education and training website and individual weekly assignments, you can learn when it’s most convenient for you.
- Simple Enrollment – Continuing education courses do not require you to go through ASU’s graduate applications process – meaning no test scores, no transcripts, and no application fees.
*The CEU is a nationally recognized method of measuring participation in formal, noncredit continuing education programs. CEUs are not academic credits and cannot be applied toward degree work at institutions of higher education. Learn more about CEUs at ASU .