Professional sustainability certificates
Professional training courses offered by ASU’s School of Sustainability are designed for managers, project or team leaders, and those looking to advance into sustainability roles. Gain expertise to overcome challenges in your current position or add to your skillset before exploring new career opportunities.
- Understand the concepts of sustainability, the issues involved, and the teamwork needed to address real-world problems.
- Think in a holistic way about their organization’s sustainability problems.
- Develop creative, adaptive solutions to sustainability challenges for their industry.
Earn a Professional Certificate in Sustainability Strategy from ASU’s School of Sustainability and W.P. Carey School of Business.
This accelerated program is designed for mid-career professionals who want to build a sustainability network and create a decided advantage in the marketplace by reorienting their abilities. The program will focus on how to effectively communicate about sustainability initiatives, build a strong business case, be more strategic, and understand how the broader global context translates to organizational practice. Rather than focusing on doom and gloom, the cohort will look at the organizational opportunities that accompany global challenges. Sustainability strategies reduce cost through efficiency, increase revenue, and help organizations come out on top in the talent war. Participants will leave with tools to apply at work!
Visit https://sustainability.asu.edu/opportunity to learn more.
Take your organization’s sustainability to the next level with the GRI Standards, the first and most widely adopted global standards for sustainability reporting.
Using a combination of video lessons, interviews, case studies, and readings, this course will cover:
- How sustainability reporting promotes organizational change
- The GRI organization and its overlaps other standards and frameworks
- Key terms, features, and structure of the GRI Standards
- How to engage stakeholders inside and outside your organization
- Material topics, impacts, boundaries, and targets
- Preparing and communicating a sustainability report
Additional benefits include:
- Interviews with current sustainability practitioners that bring the reporting concepts to life
- Case Studies featuring U.S.-based organizations who report in accordance with GRI Standards
Coming Soon – Online Certificate Programs in Sustainability
Our professional certificate programs are designed by the same faculty that created the School of Sustainability’s degree programs. Certificates are ideal for professionals who have little formal sustainability education, but want a strong foundation in specific sustainability areas, like corporate social responsibility, sustainability reporting, and sustainability strategy and management.Our programs have been designed for busy professionals who need:
- Short Courses – Master the concepts and use them at your organization in weeks – not years – with individual classes and certificate programs that can be completed in less than 6 months.
- Focused Topics – Course materials have been carefully tailored to fit specific sectors, so you can concentrate on the concepts and tools that matter the most in your field.
- Online Flexibility – With 24/7 access to self-paced courses on the ASU Continuing and Professional Education website, you can learn when it’s most convenient for you.
- Simple Enrollment – Continuing education courses do not require you to go through ASU’s graduate applications process – meaning no test scores, no transcripts, and no application fees.
View upcoming sustainability training workshops in the Phoenix area.