Executive and professional education
As a global leader and innovator in sustainability research and education – and the first degree-granting sustainability school in the U.S. – the School of Sustainability leverages more than 550 world-renowned scientists, scholars and practitioners from a variety of disciplines to create comprehensive learning programs beyond the traditional university classroom.
Custom programs for organizations
To pursue a “triple bottom line” – people, planet and profit – sustainability must be integrated into an organization’s operations and culture. Whether you need to educate a small core of executives in a one-day or multi-day retreat, or train hundreds of employees through an online course, ASU’s School of Sustainability has the ability to deliver a custom program that can integrate sustainability and systems thinking.
We have worked with business, government, nongovernmental organizations, foundations and other universities throughout the world, and we can develop and deliver custom executive education programs that advance your organizational sustainability goals.
- Programs range from hour-long online modules to multi-day live instruction on specific sustainability issues.
- In-person training can be delivered at your location, on any ASU campus in Arizona, or at our ASU properties in Washington D.C. and Los Angeles.
- Online training can be delivered through ASU’s online learning platform or your organization’s internal technology.
- Sustainability faculty from ASU, leaders from your organization, and outside experts can all be included in your agenda.
- Each program is built with expert assessment and instructional design on the front end, as well as in-depth evaluation after it has concluded, so you can measure the sustainability advancements in your organization.
Interested in sustainability training customized your advance your organization’s unique goals? We can help. Reach out to Ryan Johnson.
Executive Director, Professional Training and Custom Sustainability Education, School of Sustainability
The EMSL is a hybrid (both in-person and online) professional sustainability Master’s degree program that strengthens organizational leadership skills through the lens of sustainability. It provides working mid-career professionals with practical, actionable tools to become leaders who can accelerate sustainability throughout their organizations. Some of ASU’s professional education programs were created through funding from Rob and Melani Walton.