Congratulations on the completion/planned completion of your degree program at Arizona State University. You deserve to be very proud of this significant academic achievement.
We hope you will find the information you need to prepare for graduation on this page.
If you have any questions regarding graduation activities, please contact the School of Sustainability Student Services Office at 480-727-6963 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations on your academic achievement!
Due to COVID-19, graduation ceremonies will be held virtually for December 2020.
All ceremonies will be pre-recorded and viewable on December 14, 2020, via YouTube Premieres at 9:00 am Arizona time.
In a virtual ceremony, all students that apply to graduate and meet the graduating criteria will have a slide with their name on it that will be announced. To personalize the ceremony, each student has the opportunity to upload a photo, statement, and short video. Students do not have to participate in the ceremony should they choose not to. The College of Global Futures will incorporate the student’s slides from each school, along with additional videos, to showcase the great community that makes up CGF.
To see what the School of Sustainability’s May 2020 virtual ceremony was like click here. This fall’s ceremony will be a little different since the School of Sustainability is now part of the College of Global Futures.
For more information on how to participate in the fall graduation ceremonies, please use the tabs below.
Commencement is the university-wide ceremony where President Crow confers a student’s degree. For the virtual ceremony, PhD candidates will have their name read.
Convocation is a smaller, more intimate ceremony hosted by the college for the students within the School of Sustainability, the School for the Future of Innovation in Society, and the School for Complex Adaptive Students as part of the College of Global Futures (CGF).
Special Interest Convocations and cultural convocations are a time for smaller groups to gather and celebrate students’ graduation. ASU hosts six special interest convocations. Click here for registration information.
For the virtual ceremony, regalia is not required but still available to purchase from Herff Jones.
Should you purchase regalia, here is an informative video as to how to wear it correctly.
See the “Graduates” section below for Grad Fair dates. Grad Fair is the only time where you can order graduation packages, including regalia, at a discount.
After you apply to graduate, you will receive emails with more information about the following important deadlines.
- October 1 – Graduation application deadline
- October 12 – registration to the virtual platform opens
- October 16-23 – Grad Fair
Grad Fair is the only time graduation packages will be discounted.
The online Grad Fair will run from Friday, Oct. 16 at 10 a.m. EST to Friday, Oct. 23 at 10 p.m. EST.
Keep an eye on your inbox on Friday, Oct. 16 for the unique URL you will need to be able to access your discounted graduation packages.
- October 23 – deadline to order cap and gown if you want it delivered in time for the free, professional photoshoot on campus (see Photo Shoot below).
- November 13 – Order deadline for regalia to have in-hand by November 27
- November 16 – Last chance to purchase regalia online to receive in time for ceremonies
- November 30 – Deadline to submit or edit your photo and statement.
- December 6 – Deadline to upload a video to Stage Clips. Stage Clips will provide a personal clip for each graduate that will include the slide produced by Marching Order, personal message and photo (if submitted).
Photo Shoot by Grad Images – this is your opportunity to have a complementary professional photo shoot for your graduation. Grad Images is the official photography service for Arizona State University. If you would like a photo taken by them and you can come to one of the four campuses, please see the schedule below for dates, times and locations.
- November 10: On-campus photos at Downtown and West campuses, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (DTC location TBD. West campus location Paley Gates – TBC)
- November 12: On-campus photos at the Polytechnic campus, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (Location TBD)
- November 17, 18 & 19: On-campus photos at the Tempe campus,
- Old Main 9:00 am – 4 pm Nov 17 & 18
- 9:00 am – 7:00 pm on November 19
Please see the FAQ page to see if your question is answered there before writing Cindy Dick – cindy.dick@asu.
University Partners in Hosting Graduation
- Marching Order – Virtual Ceremony Registration, collection of personalized messages and photos that graduates can upload, creation of ceremony slides
- Stage Clips – Stage Clips produced for graduates that include the Intro and Outro Video and the slide for each graduate. Individual Stage Clips will be sent to graduates Monday, December 14
- Pro-Pics – Photo mosaic and photo gif creator to engage graduates and encourage social media posts
- Herff Jones – Online Grad Fair, Cap and Gown Sales