The School of Sustainability Residential Community for Freshmen
The mission of the School of Sustainability Residential Community (SOSRC) is
to provide a welcoming and supportive environment for freshmen as they
transition into university life, as well as to help in the development of the
skills needed for academic and personal success.
All freshmen admitted to ASU as majors in the School of Sustainability are
strongly encouraged to join our Residential Community.
The goal of the Community is to help you build a support system of friends,
faculty, and instructional staff to help you succeed in and out of the
classroom. By joining the SOSRC, students have an opportunity to:
- get involved in the University’s academic and social life right away
- feel a sense of belonging on campus
- get to know fellow students in SOS
- study and socialize with classmates where you live
- get to know and interact informally with faculty on a regular basis
- get to know and interact with the instructional staff
- learn about campus resources and services that will help you succeed; and
- participate in special academic and extracurricular activities such as:
- coffee with the School Director
- field trips (experiential learning activities)
- campus sustainability projects
- community gardens
How to Apply to Live in SOSRC
- Once admitted to ASU, log into MyASU and under University Housing
preferences – select the School of Sustainability Residential Community as your
- Make appropriate deposits or payments by deadlines to University Housing to
reserve your space.
For general questions about living arrangements, please visit University Housing and view
a list of frequently
asked questions. If you have specific questions about programming related to
this residential community, please contact the School of Sustainability at (480)
727-6963 or firstname.lastname@example.org.