What Can You Do with a Degree in Sustainability?
The varied experiences and interests of our students will determine their future. The School of Sustainability works to open doors, provide tools for career success, and provide the kinds of experiences that will help our students and alumni make a difference doing a job that they love.
Finding a Job in Sustainability
Workshops and Lectures
Workshops and Lectures
Our Sustainability After School events are held during spring and fall semesters. The events address what you can do with a sustainability career after graduation and the tools you need in order to get there.
Connect with us on LinkedIn! Create a profile and request to join the following two groups that are reserved specifically for School of Sustainability students:
- The ASU School of Sustainability group is for the students and alumni of the School of Sustainability at Arizona State University. It serves to provide a place for networking and the exchange of ideas, as well as remaining connected to the School of Sustainability.
- School of Sustainability Internships is the place for School of Sustainability graduate and undergraduate students to find all the information about our current internship opportunities.
Build your network and your résumé while doing something you love. Get involved locally with groups on and off campus.
- Valley Forward brings business and civic leaders together to convene thoughtful public dialogue on regional issues and to promote cooperative efforts to improve the environment and livability of Valley communities. They host several monthly networking events and have discounted membership for students.
- The Green Chamber advances sustainable and diverse economic development in the valley. They host a monthly networking event called Green Drinks.
- Campus Student Sustainability Initiatives (CSSI) is the leading organization on campus that focuses on identifying sustainability challenges and leading initiatives and events in order to improve ASU’s sustainability efforts. Students lead and participate in a number of sustainability related projects on campus.
- Net Impact mobilizes a new generation to use their careers to drive transformational change in their workplaces and the world. If you are interested in corporate sustainability, this is the place to network and search for jobs. Net Impact has a local Phoenix chapter.
- The Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) is helping to create a brighter future of opportunity for all by advancing sustainability in higher education. If you are interested in a job in higher education, AASHE offers discounted memberships to students and hosts a yearly conference that boasts over 5,000 attendees.
Still have questions? Contact the School of Sustainability’s advising office at (480) 727-6963 to set up individual, one-on-one advising appointments with Curtis Shaw. Curtis meets with undergraduates, graduate students, and alumni to discuss career options, provide company and occupational research assistance, labor market information, counsel on job search strategy, and other employment-related topics.
Higher Education Jobs